Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hey! It's Been a While!

It's been a while since anyone has posted ANYTHING on here, so I thought I'd throw something out there! This has been a cold weather favorite of mine for a couple years. Seems like I got it from a Better Homes and Gardens book, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm not taking credit for the recipe, but it's delicious!

Caribbean Clam Chowder

¼ c red pepper

¼ c celery

¼ c sweet onion

2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed

1-2 cloves minced garlic.

1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies. (you can get mild, medium, or hot..I recommend medium if you still want to feel your lips after your done)

1 6.5 oz can of chopped or minced clams.

1/8 tsp dried thyme.

  1. drain clams and set aside the juice. And enough water to the juice to make 2 cups.
  2. put diced veggies and potatoes and garlic into a pot with clam juice and water. Put in thyme. Boil until veggies are soft.
  3. Add tomatoes and clams. Heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment